I thought of coming up with a list of things you do on a snow day as an adult:
- Wake up in morning and call your job's emergency line to see if work is closed.
- When they say it's closed, you attempt to go back to bed.
- You wake up 15 minutes later and are wide awake and cursing the world for not being able to sleep in when you actually could since there is no work.
- Get up, look out window and look in astonishment as if you have never seen snow before.
- Eat some breakfast
- Look out window again and estimate how many inches of snow is outside.
- Watch the morning news that is repeating the same snow stories over and over again and laugh at how excited the weather people are because this is the one time that all air time is with them and not the news anchor.
- Look out window again at the blowing snow and wonder when snow will stop.
- Walk the dog out in the snow which is not fun when dog refuses to go one step.
- Look out window when you start to hear snow blowers/people shoveling.
- Look out window and curse out the snow for not stopping.
- Watch more news about accidents all over the place and weather people standing outside knee deep in snow in the freezing cold.
- Look outside again and try estimate how much more snow you got.
- Go outside and spend hours shoveling.
- Look outside at the snow while taking 3 Motrin to help with the back pain from shoveling for 2 hours.
This is what happens on snow days. Exciting huh?