- A onesie with the WuTang logo was given
- Initials were monogrammed on bibs, clothes, and blanket that coincide with Old Dirty Bastard rapper. This seemed to be a joke that was established before.
- WuTang music then started to get played on a laptop for listening pleasure. In a conference room, during work hours.... .and no it wasn't the clean version. HILARIOUS.
- Food was cooked and baked and OMG they decorated the place with such cute things! These girls are amazing. You can tell they really enjoyed doing this.
- Did I mention how much food there was? Bagels, Orange Juice an Pelligrino (to make "fake" mimosas), brownies, cupcakes, fruit salad, pasta salad, spinach dip, french toast sticks, coffee, breakfast casserole.
- It was delish!
- Jokes and funny stories shared.
Jul 30, 2013
Jul 29, 2013
The last time I felt that specific time of pain, I had to go to ER. Yesterday it wasn't as bad but I was barely able to move. I thought going to bed it would go away by this morning. I was wrong. The pain is still here and just unbearable. I haven't eaten a real meal since Saturday night. Diet consists of saltine crackers and apple juice today. I am praying I can get through the work day today because it's not like I can take a sick day the second week I start working.
Ugh... Today is going to be a tough day. I am hoping that I can just sit down and not move much since that's when I don't feel the pain.
Dam you acid indigestion or whatever the heck this is. You are cramping my style.
Hope you all had a better weekend than I did!
Jul 26, 2013
But besides just feeling exhausted, it seems to be going OK. It's just hard since I don't have a desk yet. I will be moving to another temporary spot on Monday for about 1-2 weeks. They are not sure how long that will take. So, yeah. Kind of sucks to be in limbo all while trying to learn the very complex processes here. It is going to take me awhile to get use to the lingo and processes they have here. Lots of steps and lots of people involved. It is a bit overwhelming.
But the weekend is here which means I can get my apt in order and try to enjoy some down time, which I hardly think will happen. Then a new schedule will start next week when I attempt to figure out gym days and times.
Hopefully within 2 weeks my body will get use to the changes.
Secretly, I am already overwhelmed with this job and just not feeling it. I know it's because it's all new but I am freaking out that the team members don't like me. I am freaking out that they WON'T see what I can do. I am just freaking out. Eeeeeek.
JUST KEEP SWIMMING, JUST KEEP SWIMMING
Jul 25, 2013
- Did you know they are making a White Chicks 2????
- Migraines suck, especially on your 3rd day at new job.
- I still don't have a desk to sit at.
- I can't wait till next week so I can figure out a new gym schedule. I miss the gym!
- I've been reading Homefront by Kristin Hannah and it has been a great read.
- I think I have finally learned how to find the cafeteria in my new job! I think = key words. This place is huge!
- I hate the fact that Passionfruit is making people pay to use their service... even for us "small" bloggers who don't spend a whole bunch of money on ads. Really wish they would have created a part free for at least button swaps. Here's an idea: Free part of site to use includes button swaps for 100x100 only. That would be nice
- Heatwave here in NJ is finally over and today it felt like a Fall morning. Loving it!
- I really really really miss football.
- I just got myself a big cup of coffee at work and am a happy camper!
Jul 22, 2013
Also, I do not have a laptop, phone or even a cubicle to actually sit in. So yeah. I am currently using someones desk who is out on vacation. Let's see how it long it takes till I get my own desk and a computer.
Besides that, I have sat in a few meetings and kind of shadowed some of the team members.
The cool thing about this place is that everyone has toys in their cubes! Some people even have a whole theme going on. I have learned that they go ALL OUT for birthdays with decorating cubes. I even heard of a Mad Men theme where they even laid out flooring in the cube. On my way out today, someone had a pony.... the ones where a five year old can get on and rock back and forth. Yep, that big one. In their cube. It was pretty hilarious.
Guess that's the fun part of working in the corporate office of a big toy company!
Jul 21, 2013
Tomorrow is my first day at the new job and I am nervous and excited at the same time.
I just hope that I will like the environment I will be in and that everyone I work with likes me. It seriously reminds me of the first day of high school, except I don't know anyone. Eeeeek.
So, in preparation for work today I went out and did some grocery shopping for lunches and snacks. I bought stuff to make myself sandwiches for lunch and some fruit for snacks. I am trying real hard to plan my lunches and snacks since now that I will be working, my gym schedule won't be the same as when I was home. Once I know how this work week goes and my hours, I will be able to create a new gym schedule.
We then went to Target and I bought myself a lunch bag. Yes, you read that right. A lunch bag. I am not sure if I will have a fridge that is accessible so a lunch bag cooler is the perfect solution.
I also went the store and bought myself new work clothes as well. Lots of dresses that I can use now and also in winter by adding some tights. Win win situation!
So, here's to hoping I get some sleep tonight and that I don't fall on my face tomorrow with my dress going up and showing my underwear to everyone.
Jul 19, 2013
This happened to be PERFECT timing. I am so happy and super excited.
I want to thank you for being so supportive and being my cheerleaders for every interview I went on. It really meant a lot to me to know you guys were all praying for me.
I hope this job works out to be great. It is a six month contract that can potentially turn into a permanent job if I am happy there and that there is an opportunity.
I will be working for the corporate office of a big Toy company.
The place is huge, 2,500 employees. They call it the campus.
Here's to hoping I made the right decision and that this works out in my favor.
Now, hope everyone likes me on my team. Ugh, Monday is going to be like the first day of high school! So nervous!!!!
This is a must read for both parents and non-parents. Trust me. Below I put some tidbits from the article that I feel really strong about.
Unless "so-and-so" needs professional help, I guarantee "so-and-so" knows that her dog is not a human child. She also knows that having a dog is nothing like having a kid. What she's really saying is "Oh! Yes. I also have something in my life that poops AND brings me joy."
Too often, we parents downplay non-parents' concerns by pulling ours out and tossing them on the table.
It's not a competition. If, on a scale of 1 to Passing Out Awkwardly in the Shower and Waking Up When the Hot Water Runs Out, your friend is at a 7, and three weeks into your first newborn you were at a 9, that DOESN'T MAKE YOUR FRIEND ANY LESS TIRED.
but your pre-kid life was an important part of your story, and your non-kid-having friends are a part of that. Don't dismiss that part of your life the way most people skip the foreword to a novel they really want to read. By dismissing the "before" as just a buildup to your kids, you are not only dismissing your friends, but you're also implying that their story has not started yet.
And this last one I feel REALLY STRONGLY about. I don't care who you are, whether an acquaintance, family member, best friend, or hairdresser.... you may not know what is going on behind closed doors on sensitive subjects such as having kids. BE MINDFUL.
Some people don't want kids and choose not to have them. Some people really want kids and are trying incredibly hard to have them. Indicating to these people that having kids is the only way they will reach some higher level of understanding is both inconsiderate and rude.
What do you all think?
Jul 18, 2013
I kid you not.
Feels like 104. Shoot me now. Humidity sucks.
This weather makes me incapable of thinking. "It's just so damn hot outside" is what keeps running through my head.
This is why I never said that I love summer. I am Spring and Fall weather type girl.
But let's move on to some ramblings I have.
- I want to thank those who have been supportive of me while on this journey of getting healthy. It's a tough journey but I am still doing it and feeling great. Thank you for all the support and love!
- On that note, I can go for a pitcher of pina colada right about now. I don't even need the little umbrella... it's OK.
- I have no idea what to make for dinner tonight. I have some defrosted chicken breasts.... please send me your best and easiest recipe please and thank you.
- People really need to stop "joking" about other people's weight. It's really pissing me off. It's not funny. YOU have no idea if that person is working out or not and making a single "joking" comment can derail a person's motivation if they are working out and have lost weight. So, how about you shut your trap and focus on YOURSELF.
- I changed my Twitter handle to match my blog name here. I wanted to do the same for my Instagram but someone already has my blog name. WTF... womp womp. So, that kind of sucks.
- Twitter drama is so sad. You would think that us bloggers would be more supportive than becoming the "mean girls."
- I may have some exciting news to share with you all next week...Stay tuned!
Jul 16, 2013
Well, I did. But I first thought it would be a great idea to do a spin class in the morning, which by the way I kicked total ass in!
So after spin, I came home and grabbed my stuff. I had the pleasure of sitting in traffic which was oh so wonderful, but after about an hour of traffic I finally arrived at Nikki's place. I got to snuggle Zoey and Riley and give them puppy massages while Nikki was scouring her kitchen for something to eat.
I have taken her Body Combat class before, which you can read that hilarious post here. But this was the first time I was going to take her Body Combat class which involves weights. Weights as in the heavy stuff that you have to lift and PRAY it doesn't drop on your toe and roll across the room.
On our way to the place Nikki was giving me a bit of info on what to expect. She actually said to me, "you will have a bar and you need to grab two 10 pound weights and two 5 pound weights and also dumbbells." My NORMAL response was, "how about I just use the bar?" This is the thing people, I don't do so great with lifting weights. It's my fitness beast that I am tackling now. I can't even do a push up!!! I have NO upper body strength which is why it's really hard for me when I am doing weight lifting. I have gotten much better at it but still, I am a weakling! So, we get to the gym and this is what ends up in front of me:
Cue panic mode.
Everyone else walks in all pumped up. Meanwhile in my head I am freaking out and saying, how the hell am I suppose to HOLD that let alone do exercises with it.
Well, I did it. Surprisingly I didn't pass out and my arms didn't fall off the day after. But holy poo is that class a bitch. I am not going to lie, that class is probably one of the best workouts you can do with weights, but it kicked my ass. Then right after, Nikki was teaching Body Pump so yeah, we ran to the other studio and did another hour workout for Body Pump. YES YOU READ THAT CORRECT, BACK TO BACK CLASSES.
Again, I didn't pass out which was a plus. I was also super happy with being able to get through both classes.
There is always a photo op when we are together... because we are just so awesome. Just saying.
Also during the day also included Nikki's friend, Siobhan, who was drinking what we like to call "vomit juice". It literally tasted like bile. I got suckered into trying the drink. As soon as that drink hit my tongue I regretted that decision. Lesson learned here is to never mix two different things together because 99.9% of the time, it will taste like bile. Trust us on this. DON'T DO IT.
Jul 13, 2013
Who Am I?
A person who is enjoying trying new gym classes and actually liking feeling sore the next day.
Full hilarious recap of our shenanigans coming on Monday.
Here's a little teaser:
Nikki: You are going to grab a bar and put weights on it but don't grab weights that will be too heavy.
Me: Um, how about I just use the bar and not put any weights on it. ::::DUH NIKKI:::::
Jul 11, 2013
Oh hey! Remember me? I think I barely remember myself as the so called blogger of Life with Giggles.
Writer's block. It sucks major ass. I have been battling this beast for a few weeks now and it is literally driving me nuts. I want to write a blog post so bad, but I get in front of the computer and my mind goes blank.
I am here to say that I am OK. I am STILL looking for a job, but at the same time enjoying the time being home which means seeing my sister, niece and nephew more especially since they are out of school for the summer.
The gym has become part of my life. When I don't go I beat myself up. When I do go, I think about returning one more time during the day. This week alone I have been going twice a day. Tomorrow I am going to be super badass and go to gym in morning, then spin, then heading over to Nikki's and taking a body combat AND a body pump class with her. Yeah, I am sure Saturday I will be drowning my body in Epsom salt baths.
Now look at that! I just wrote a post that I don't feel the need to delete. Guess the mojo is back. Oh snap!