Signs you are not a parent include...
- You can make last minute plans
- You can curse whenever you want
- Your phone/tablet/computer is in one piece
- You can enjoy a meal without any interruptions
- You don't carry snacks in your purse
- You don't trip over toys in your home
- You can have a glass (or five) of wine without having to justify it.
- You can have sex with the bedroom door unlocked
- You can have sex ANYWHERE in your house
- You don't need to by a SUV just to fit strollers and car seats
- You can go on vacations to adult only hotels
- You can watch TV shows at any time regardless of the violent/sexual nature
- Your Netflix queue is filled with new releases and not kid TV shows
This list is just a part of what it is to not be a parent. I am not here to say that parents lead a horrible life. I can't wait to be a mom. That path in life is something that I pray to God is in my future. But I also know that being married for 5 years, I have had the best time enjoying life with my husband as a family of 2. We made the choice to not have kids right away. It was OUR choice. Why some people think they can call us selfish is beyond me. A woman did just that yesterday to me, but you know what, I tried to brush it off. Because ignorant people are just that, IGNORANT.
Cheers to those who chose to be parents and cheers to those who chose to wait.
And remember, you ALWAYS have a choice, so don't use that as an excuse.