Time for me to get serious with y'all.
We all have bloggy friends... and we all have in real life friends (IRL). The IRL friends don't understand what blogging is and what it means to us. I can say I have only 2 IRL friends that read my blog all the time. And one of them is a blogger herself so she totally understands. The other isn't a blogger, but she always respects what I write (thanks Raff... love you!). Now for the rest of those in real life friends. They just don't get it. And some of them aren't shy about letting you know that. It makes me sad. It hurts. I know I shouldn't let it bother me, but still it does. We are human, let's face it.
Blogging has been such a great outlet for me. Writing is such a relief that I get. When I stopped blogging for a few months, it really affected me. I stopped because my friends were talking about me as a blogger. They said mean things. Some of them don't even know that I know what they said. It hit me like a ton of bricks. And I stopped blogging because I thought I was wrong. I let them win. Shame on me. I quickly realized that blogging was a creative stress reliever for me. I had missed it BIG TIME. I came back... with a vengeance. I started blogging more about ME. I started blogging about EVERYTHING I felt. It's my part of the interwebs... I can do what I want with it. I hurt some people doing that, which hurt me. I became that person that lost focus and starting hurting people with words, just like they did to me. I am sorry. I never meant for it to come out like that. These past few months, I have been working hard on blogging about everything in my life, but trying to be mindful of others. I refuse to let anyone walk all over me like they did the last time, but I am still mindful.
I blog what I want to blog. If you don't like it, all you have to do is click off. Easy Peasy. I am not here to satisfy EVERYONE. It's impossible. But, is there a possibility that I may offend you with something I write? Yes. Is it on purpose? No. We all have different opinions, I don't expect you to think just like I do. That's silly.
So, for this new year's... I want my bloggy friends and my in real life friends know this:
- Sometimes it's easier for me to write out my feelings than physically talk to you. Please don't feel discouraged or offended as my friend.
- I am committed to blog about my life, the ups and downs, because my name is Kenya and I consider myself a lifestyle blogger. I hope you stay with me during the ups and share in my joy, and I hope you stay with me in my downs and pray with me.
- I am not perfect.
- My goal will always be to make you laugh. Even if I am going through something bad, I will always find a way to spin it into laughter. Raff knows this oh so well about me. It's my coping mechanism... just let it be please.
- Please don't come to me telling me how horrible it is to share MY LIFE over this blog. Especially when you have a facebook account. SAME THING, DIFFERENT OUTLET.
- If you disagree with a post, please go ahead and comment. Us bloggers have learned to have thick skin. All I ask is that you be RESPECTFUL of others opinions. Including fellow commenter's. It's called healthy debating.
- I do not have the perfect life. I have debt. I piss off my husband. Sometimes I don't clean. Sometimes I don't cook. I curse. I scream. I cry. I laugh. I upset family/friends. I get my shit together and do right for a couple of days. I then fall back in a rut. I don't take care of my body. I don't eat right. I go to church, and sometimes still sin. I ask for forgiveness. I pray for myself and loved ones. I pray for you all. I pray that I wake up the next day and enjoy MY life, which is beyond perfect. I am OK with this.
- I LOVE blogging. It is my passion. A little support from in real life friends would be fantastic. But it's OK if I don't get it. But please don't bash me and my blog. It's been 4 years of hard work doing this. I am PROUD OF MY BLOG.
My name is Kenya and I am a blogger.