This post is serious and might stir up some feathers (is that the saying? I am a drawing a total blank right now, but you get what I am trying to say).
I want to hear YOUR thoughts on the following things.
- If you are a stay at home mom, what do you believe your responsibilities are in the home?
- My thoughts are: Cook, Clean, Take care of kiddos, do the food shopping, etc.
- What is the deal with people being so dam materialistic these days?!?!?! Why would you spend $300 on a luxury brand shirt when you can guy the same one for $30???? If that was me, I would rather spend that money on vacations where I can spend some quality time with my family, or I would donate a lot of it to people who have nothing. It drives me insane that people spend crazy amounts of money on clothing that they wear only once and after the season, it's forgotten about. IT IS A WASTE OF MONEY!!!! Be grateful that you have clothes to wear.
- Someone thought it was crazy that the hubs and I usually don't exchange gifts for holidays or special occasions. ( Disclaimer: Last year we did for xmas.. but small presents and it was a fluke. And I write this disclaimer because I know some asshat who is reading this is going to call me out on it. Ha, I did it first). They say that it is not right. Um, since when does giving gifts make it right? I'd rather us spend money on something we can do together than buying each other something Hence why we go on a lot of vacations. That's our thing.
- It kills me when people ask me over and over again about us having kids. And you are RUDE to ask me why we haven't had kids yet. Did you ever think that there could be another reason for a couple not having kids. Did you ever think that they may be trying and are having trouble? Or maybe that they are happy with things being the way they are as is? Did you ever think that there may be a medical reason why a couple doesn't have kids yet and it is something they don't want to share? Maybe they don't want kids? It's OK if you ask the couple once, but after a while the same people asking the same question gets to take a toll on you. Sometimes, I don't want to answer you because it's exhausting to stand there and see you judge me on my answer. Just because you have kids at a certain age doesn't mean I am following your same path. Just shut it OK?
- I have come to a point in my life where I hardly want to share anything with my friends because I constantly feel like I am being judged. We all do it, I get it. I judge sometimes too. It's OK. But is it crazy that when certain events happen in my life, I already know who I would want to share the news with first and that the list is very small?
- I am not a perfect wife. Are you? I make mistakes all the time. I drive the hubs crazy. I have made big time mistakes and TRUST ME, I still have the guilt for it. But I am learning to push through and move on. No one said it was going to be easy to be a wife. Society makes it even harder to be a wife because they plaster everywhere of what a perfect wife should be... and it's totally NOTHING like it. So, thank you to the hubs... You accept me for who I am, and you have made the decision to be with me and support me through both the good and bad. I am really trying to make you proud and I know I have failed multiple times, but I continue to get back and try again. I won't stop. Love you.
- I blog because it makes me happy. Why is it so hard for non-bloggers to see that?
- I think that you should never ever make a friend feel left out. It hurts... and it hurts bad.
- I struggle with self confidence everyday. It's like a freaking disease. Yes, I know I gained weight... TRUST ME I KNOW... but you don't need to remind me. Yes, I know that I mess things up. Yes, I know that I lack common sense. All these things add up to the ball of anxiety that it's in my head. I KNOW... "just handle it Kenya it's not that hard." Remember, it may be easier to handle certain stuff in your life than it is for me.
- My heart took a stabbing last week when I was at my docs visit. My doctor tried to make me feel better and assure me that the test results will most likely come back OK this time. She tried really hard, but I can tell in her voice that she also was worried. I tried to stay positive and tell her, " I am positive too"... but I lied. I was freaking out the whole hour and half I was in that office. And I am still freaking out waiting for results. But it's OK to freak out right? It's normal right? And this whole doctor stuff could be NOTHING. If the test results come back not favorable, it's not like it's life threatening disease. Something that they tell me is very common and somewhat "fixable". But still, I am worried.
- Did I tell you that I freak out A LOT about the LITTLE things? I do. Hubs is a saint for dealing with that part of me. Sometimes, I make things a lot bigger and more serious than they really are. It's a problem I have. I am working on it. Some people call this anxiety. I don't like that word, anxiety.
Wow, I wasn't sure where this post was going to go... but I started typing and couldn't stop. And I am leaving this as it is. No changes. Me in writing. Sometimes Life with Giggles has it's downs. And my focus for my blog is to be true to you all... It's not all skittles and rainbows over here. Sometimes I have to make myself giggle when I am having a down day.
But, am I all alone with some of these points? Do any of you feel like this sometimes today?
I am OK. I am not OK. What is the definition of being OK? Oh forget it, I am me. Let's leave it at that.
And now I am going to read from my devotional and tell myself "just keep swimming, just keep swimming."